Saturday, August 16, 2008

INDIA AT OLYMPICS


Cheers,Hurray,Awesome,Amazing.... I can add more adjectives describing Abhinav Bindra's splendid win at the Beijing Olympics.Hey i can read your mind.I'm perhaps the last one to praise him on blog,blame it on my laziness.The entire nation was rejoicing about his victory including me for a few hours,but when I pondered about it,I was really saddened.We are a nation with a billion plus population,second only to China.All that we could manage till now is a single gold.India's current rank is 31,while China is topping the medal tally till now.Why is this condition?I salute Abhinav's victory.But speaking frankly who sponsored him?It was his family.Not every deserving sports person's family would be able to do it.Now its raining money for Abhinav,ofcourse he right royally deserves it.Why can't our government set up a sports federation like one in Australia,where a talented sports person is fully taken care of till he is accomplished in his field.It is really possible to do it,if only our politicians take note of these things happening in the world of sports.Guess its high time to start one.Whether we have learnt the lessons from this?It is a million dollar question.Lets just wait and watch and hope for a better future for the sports personalities from this nation.

3 comments:

Raghuveeran said...

more or less... reply for ur post will be inside my next blog post...

An Aquarian Testifies said...

I am really Surprised by your writing talents... Continue the good work... I enjoyed reading your blogs...

Jinan Shah said...

Hey,

I would like to say I really liked your article. You know this is the first thing that I noticed when I came in USA first time. You know people can think to make sport as profession here which is really not the case with India. Its really ashamed that Vishwanathan Anand who is legend and world champion for chess lovers, hardly 50% people know him in all India. After getting world championship, all he got was 25,00,000 rs. from government, in opposite Yuvraj Singh got 1 crore rs. for the sixes that he hits. Why the other games in India is not having importance,is really an important question. Btw, Heartily congrats to Abhinav.